Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Sewing at the Vadon house

There is Cow appreciation day at Chick-fil-a, dress up like a cow and get a free meal!! I don't really have much to work with for the girls costume, so I decided to make them a dress that looked like a cow. I did not anticipate how much work it would take to make even the "simplest" of cow/dress costumes! Here is my almost final work on one of the dresses. I believe the only thing left to do to it, is hem the bottom. I only used items I already had around the house!!... FRONT - the 2 larger spot are actually pockets!BACK/TAILthis is the second dress, topped off with ears that I made. I tried to get them to look more "cow-ish" and stick out, because if they lay down they look like dog ears, lol.
I will probably try and find something to paint their noses with too :) when Friday gets here
and the back of course, TAIL, lol

I also started this dress up dress awhile back after giving up on making a "pettiskirt", I had this material, so I started cutting and sewing. I started it maybe 5 months ago!! and there are sooo many pieces and steps I just folded it up and put it away because I was tired of working on it. I have since started working on it about a week ago, and have almost finished it. again I think all I have left is the hemming on the bottom, and the sleeves, optional bunching... FRONTand BACK used Velcro so simplicity, and adjustable so both girls can wear it.

1 comment:

We love comments :)