Monday, August 23, 2010

Veronica's First Day of Kindergarten



The day has finally come for Veronica to start Kindergarten. I had been nervous about this day for weeks, and just knew I would cry when we walked her in for her first day. This was not the case, I had such a good feeling about the school, her teacher and Veronica seemed excited to go, I did not cry.
I did tear up for a second this morning when I went in to wake her up. She had her eyes closed, and I thought back to her as a baby, and I grabbed her hand and remembered how tiny her hands used to be, It was a dear moment to me, I can't believe how fast she is growing up, it makes me sad sometimes, but I knew that she is having a good time growing up and learning new things, and having new experiences getting more and more independent, and that helped me feel a little better.
I hope she continues to have a positive outlook on school, and never becomes as anxious as I was to go.
Her teachers name is Mrs. Lemos, and she is very nice, has a wonderfully decorated classroom, wonderful disposition, and is very pretty. She seems like a perfect kindergarten teacher.
Now that she is at school, I wonder what Valerie and I will do all day. Val already misses her sister bunches. It won't be long now, she will be starting K too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments :)